Wednesday 12 November 2014

Snowflakes

Morning and hello to you all. How is your week so far? Hope you're enjoying life and make sure you have some crafting time as we have a new fun challenge up for you over at the Paper Shelter. This weeks theme is snow flakes. Nice and easy I hope? You can use any snow flakes your creation. It can be brads, embossed ones, coloured ones, stitched ones, on your dp's, in your image etc. If they are hard to spot tell us where to look for them ok?

Well, I had actually another card made for this challenge but when Veronica introduced this sweethear of an image, I just had to use this one in stead. It's called "the most adorable snowmen". Isn't it just the cutest?

The image is coloured with my Letraset markers as always and for the most part I have used the new set of limited edition markers that I got the other day. That's kind of why I have such bright red colour combo. Wanted to see if they was as nice as I was hoping. A little to bright for my taste, Last year's winter edition was better. Well, it's always fun to add something new to the stash and they will be used so that won't be any problem. LoL


I have used Dovecraft paperpack Modern this time. I believe that one is from last year... As the theme is snow flakes I added a few of those as well as a snowy border. I also used tons of snow on my image in the form of Flower Soft. I love that fluffy stuff. To match it up and balance the card a tiny bit I have also used a die cut from Magnolia that got really well covered up by my big bow and smashing looking snowmen charm. Isn't adorable? Some pearls and a few letter stickers to add a sentiment and I am done for today. Please be sure to pop back tomorrow for my new inspiration card for the AUD sentiment challenges.


http://www.thepapershelter.com/

As always we have a gift voucher worth $30 up for grabs if you play with any TPS product. Playing with another brand gives you the chance of winning three (3) digis of your choice. Come on now crafters we know that you love these images and we would love to see you use them on your creations. 

Love n hugs
Marie

Challenges for this card
Card Mania - Use your dies (snowflakes, snowy border and under the big bow a Magnolia die)
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - Add some ribbon
TTCRD - Anything goes
Top Tip Tuesday - 3 or more dps
Bunny Zoe - Snow

11 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card design Ginny x

Colette said...

Gorgeous card Marie, love the image, fab papers and snowflakes, hugs, Colette xx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Marie, I love this image, youve created a stunning card with it, the details and layers look gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Pat K said...

Gorgeous card Marie. Your papers work so well with this cute image. hugs, Pat K x

susiestacey said...

Beautiful card Marie the image is adorable x Susan x

Gail said...

OMGosh I love this image and the assortment of papers you've used. I think this is a wonderful card and I'm going to save this one to my desktop for inspiration. The layout is wonderful with the snowman image...absolutely perfect. GREAT coloring on this adorable guy and the fur on his hat and on the little guys pompom are perfect touches. Fabulous card! Hugs, Gail

Nikki Stalker said...

This is gorgeous Marie. Love how you have coloured the image and the gorgeous papers you have teamed with it. Just beautiful.

Nikki S

Vannessa said...

This is gorgeous Marie. Love the colours you used and your gorgeous colouring. I have just bought those snowflake dies (I didn't think I needed any more, but I was so wrong about these beauties!) and can't wait to play with them tomorrow!

Hugs, Vannessa x

coops said...

love this marie.the image is so adorable and your design and colouring are stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Cara said...

Adorable images! Love your card. Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door. Please come play along with us again! (Hugs) Cara

Kat W said...

A gorgeous Christmas card, love the bright colours and fun design, and the lovely selection of pretty papers - perfect for our challenge at Top Tip Tuesday - thanks for sharing :-)

Kat x