Friday 20 August 2010

The third card from last night

Oh yes! Three cards it was and this is the last one. I decided to enter a Swedish challenge (at Altheas Mix) yesterday and this week there is a theme of buttons and brads. So this is used for this card, no buttons but a few brads which should be enought. Brads on the Snowy belly and the snowflakes. Snowy is coloured with copics and I try to learn how to handle them as well, not just the aquamarkers and promarkers. So far the promarkers are winning big. :) I find them easier to colour with, maybe the harder nib I don't know. But practise make perfect so in the end who knows.

Snowy is from last years Winter collection from Magnolia and the DP are from Dovecraft. Did some cutting in to it to get the swirls out but keept it very simple. That's me for this period of time, simple. I have also used some flowersoft in polar white to get some effect of snow on both the ground and on Snowy.
And as I saw the Winter wonderlands challenge, (walking in the Winter wonderland is the theme) right before I started this post I will enter my card to that challenge too. Snowy must fit there, doesn't he?

Take care! It's time to eat something and then pick up the boys from daycare. It's a short day today.

Hugs for you all!
Marie

3 comments:

Lia said...

hi marie,
it's the first time that I visit your blog and wow your cards are beautiful
I become a follower of you do you like it to become a follower of me
hugs lia

downrightcrafty said...

oh yes snowy definitely fits with us at Winter Wonderland this week and just look at all his frosting and love his brad buttons
thanks for playing along
Kate xx

Carol Ric said...

Adorable!