Saturday 30 June 2012

Life by the sea side

For at least a year or so have I had a whole bunch of stamps from Joanna Sheen just laying around. I love them to bits but I have been in no mood to colour with distress inks or water colours. Well, that was until my kids asked for a whole bunch of cards for their teachers at kinder garten. I was foolish enough to start that tradition at Christmas time a few years back when I didn't like the fact that the kitchen staff and cleaning staff didn't get anything when all the teachers got a little gift from the kids. So now each semester ends with me making at least 10 cards for the kids favourite staff at kindergarten. Lucky for me that includes their teachers too. LoL

So here comes number 2 of the ten cards I made, and seven of the cards was made using the Joanna Sheen range of Faye Whittaker stamps. The 1st was the card shown for the challenge over at the Paper Shelter earlier this week.

This card is made with the FW stamp, coloured with distress inks and markers. Gosh! those markers are really handy when it comes to skin colours. Love them for that. When I have a few more of them I might even like them better. So easy to bring out in the garden to paint with, maybe not the garden... The designer papers are from Maja design Skärgårdsliv. They came out last year and eveyone got nuts about them. Me too, so much that I didn't use them even if I bought double sets of them.

I will enter this card to the following challenges
Card Makin Mamas - Red white and blue
Chocolate, Coffee and cards - Anything goes
Emergency Crafters - Summer Sun
Joanna Sheen Challenges - Summer Daze

Love n hugs
Marie


11 comments:

Lia said...

such a wonderful card I love the stamp and great papers
hugs Lia

Karen Petitt said...

These are my second favourite Joanna Sheen stamps, number 1 is the House Mouse range! I have a couple of the sets and they are wonderful to colour with water colours or distress inks! Good for you taking care to make sure everyone gets a thank you! The colours you've used and the layout are fantastic hun Karen x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful card!

Karen Howard said...

Oh my, this is fabulous! I'm sure the staff will love it as I do! Hugs, Karen

Suzi Mac said...

A beautiful card, love this image. Thank you for joining us at Joanna Sheen with your lovely work.
Hugs
Suzi

Nannieflash said...

Hi Marie, oh wow what a gorgeous image, I think I may have it somewhere maybe, I also have a lot of JS stamps that havent seen ink yet. A beautiful card and Im sure your sons will love taking them to their kindergarden. hugs Shirleyxx

Faye said...

Lovely card and layout the image is so cute, thanks for joining us over at Emergency Crafters Faye x

Marjorie said...

Wow! Wow! how beautiful is this...your colouring is stunning..You are a whizz kid with those pens hun lol!! lovely image and I love your layout...Stunning..
Love and hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Card Makin' Mamas for our Red White and Blue Challenge hugs Susan x

Yvonne said...

Your card is adorable! Thank you for joining us over at Chocolate Coffee and Cards Challenge Blog. ~Yvonne DT

Tracey said...

Thank you so much for playing along with us at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenges for our challenge this fortnight. This is a darling card and I love the colours you have chosen. I hope we'll see you again soon.
Tracey
x