Wednesday 8 August 2012

A relaxing day

Hello there! Good to see you all again! I am finally back home again after spending about ten days at the Swedish West coast, or as it might be referred to; the rain coast. God! So much rain! But it was good to get away from home for such long time, almost two weeks. I have not been away for that long since I spent three weeks in Turkey 1997 or something like that. LoL It's a bit different being away this long with kids that's for sure.

Now we have unpacked all laundry and the rest of the bags are empty. Tomorrow starts a new chapter in W*s life. He will soon start school and is a bit nervous about it. Just like I am to be honest, I'm doing my best not to show him. It will be fine while we get into the routines again.


Now for my card. It's mid week and it's time for a new challenge over at the Paper Shelter. This week we have Going round and round as our theme, so  please do come and join us.

I have use the cute little chap from the "happy times" set. This time it was time for the little man resting and that is just what I would like to do today. He is coloured with copics! Yes I know, a chocking experience for us all, but I do have those as well and since my Letraset family is a bit too wet to colour with for my printer at this time, these markers came to my rescue. Never wrong to have a spare filling in for you. The designer papers are from Echo Park's Strips, and dots and lines or what ever they are called. But I do love them. They are bright and cheerful and very clean in their design. I have to get a few more of those pads that's for sure. :) Some die cutting clouds and a flower with a button is my only decoration together with a sentiment saying "just dropping by" in Swedish. Oh, and a little birdie found it's way on the card too, couldn't help myself. :)


As always we have our gift certificate up for grabs worth $20 if you play with a TPS image. Playing with another brand gives you the chance of winning three digis of your choice. Hope to see you around! :)

Smiles,
Marie

Challenges for this card
Make it Monday - Always anything goes

7 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Hi Marie, I bet your glad your back home again, and at least you can now start to prepare yourself for W start at School, hubbys granddaughter starts in September to, and shes so excited about it.
A stunning card, love the laid back look of this image, and those papers are fabulous. hugs Shirleyxx

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such a sweet image and love how you embellished around it!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Eileen said...

Great image and beautifully coloured. Love the papers you have used and the design is fab.
Eileen x

Marjorie said...

It's so nice to have you back hunnie...Beautiful card, lovely and bright and such a lovely image...Can't believe we are almost in September! I'm sure your little boy will love school, once he gets the first day behind him..lots of adventures and friends to make:)...
Big hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Marie, what a gorgeous card. I'm sorry the weather whilst you were away wasn't better but at least it was time to be away from day-to-day duties. Best wishes, Kym xxx

Karen Petitt said...

Marie thats fabulous! Don't worry about not being around - life gets busy for all of us at some time or another! Love the embellishments you've used on this card. Fabulously coloured and wonderful fun! 'Speak soon' hun Karen xx

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Hi Marie,
Wow your card is fabulous!
Love your gorgeous colors and such pretty papers and detail!

You made also so beatiful cards......

Hugs
Judith