Friday 10 May 2013

A new one, not that old

Hope you're having a great weekend. We are doing a long weekend here in Sweden and today I have been able to relax a bit as I managed to take control over my Bronto phobia. Sounds dodgy doesn't it? It means unnatural fear of thunder storms. I think this is the only diagnosis I am happy about. LoL Not being so scared as I am but the fact that my former psychologist took the time to find a name for what I am suffering from made it a big thing. She wasn't the first psychologist that I went to, to get some help, but she was the only one interested enough to find out more about it. It actually made me feel normal. LoL

The bad thing about is phobia is that it really doesn't even have to be a thunder storm going on to trigger it all. Just the thought about it, can make it pop and so it did the last two days. Just the threat of a thunder storm coming this way, made me paralyzed for about two days. It's so annoying waisting two whole days on something that never happened. But even with relaxing exercises and breathing exercises, I wasn't able to stop the reactions in my body this time. Crap! LoL  On the other hand, it passed on both side of my little part of the world so I was just lucky this time, maybe? :)

In April my olderst, Willy managed to go to at least one party each weekend. I wonder if that was planned from all his friends? I made a whole bunch of birthday cards and I have not shown them here yet. I have actually lost a few of the photos, but at least I can show one of them here for now. Saving the others.


The image is from Teddy Bo & Bea, isn't it a real cutie? I have shown another card earlier with this image when I was on the Bearly Mine team. I had not tried them before that but actually fell in love with them, and got myself a few more of them. So now you know, I am no longer a part of the BMC team as it was time to go our separat ways. I still miss it and had a really lovely few years on that team, but now on the other hand I might find another team that I can join when I feel a bit better in my joints and my feelings isn't that hurt. I might tell you about it another time, but for now we leave it like this. :)

The little cutie is coloured with my Letraset family and some Prisma pencils. I have used another bear for the designer papers. It's from the Me to you range, Spring Chic. A fabby pack of pastel / spring coloured designer papers. And they where on sale over at the Glitter pot. LoL As this card was for a 7 year old that I really don't know at all, I stayed out of embellishments, except a few pearls. After all I had to make 5 birthday cards for that weekend. Three for Willy's class mates and two for my nieces. All of that has finally settle and now it's not that many birthdays as it seems. Doing happy dance about that, I can make what ever cards I feel like. LoL

Ahh, good to get some of all this out. If you managed to read all of this, I am impressed. LoL I can never write short I'm affraid. :) A letter writer by heart and soul. LoL

Love n hugs
Marie

Challenges for this card
Paper take Weekly - Anything goes
Make it Monday - Always anything goes
Crafty Catz Challenges - Anything goes


6 comments:

Annelie said...

Fy så jobbigt du måste ha det, ytterligare ett plus för vinterhalvåret där alltså..:(
Jättefint kort med ljuvligt motiv!
Men jisses Amalia, jag är lite glad att jag inte höll på med kortmakeriet när mina barn sprang på kalas ;-)
Ha en fin helg!
Kramar Annelie

cotnob said...

This is a lovely card Marie, such a gorgeous image and lovely pastel colours.
I hope you manage to find something to help you cope with your Bronto phobia it sounds quite awful.
Thank you for your kind words regarding my Dad.
Pauline
x

Aunty Sue said...

oh this is a dorable and thanks for sharing at crafty catz this week. Glad it past both sides of you

Karen Petitt said...

Beautiful card, fab colouring and gorgeous lay out! Never knew that there was a name for being terrified of storms and lightening - I've been terrified of them for years and used to hide under a duvet.
Hope all is well with you, surprised to see you are no longer on the Bearly Mine DT. Have a good long weekend Karen x

Sandy said...

Beautiful, love that image and fab layout. Thanks for linking up with Make It Monday this week.
Hugs,
Sandy

carol said...

Hello and thanks for joining in with us at CRAFTY CATZ this week....your creation is fab, so sweet x carol