Wednesday 15 May 2013

Mid week card

Good morning and happy spring everyone! This day is starting with a two hour crafts meeting at my rehab centre. Rehab centre you ask, well yes. No rehab as trying to stop using drugs or anything like that. It's a rehab center for those of us that has been unemployed for a long time because of our illnesses or people that want to try to get back to a working life again. And for me that would be a dream. I have 7 (!) different diagnosis at this point, but I refuse to give up the idea of working again. God only knows where the doctors find them all. Next time I get one, I will say no thanks, I've got my share already. Do you think that will help? LoL Somewhere there has to be a little job for me as well. On my really bad days I feel like Marie, the walking diagnosis, on the good days I feel it's only words, but it's getting harder and harder to feel that way. As it seems like each time I see a new doctor he or she has to ad something new to my journal. So sick of it, I think I will call them findings in the future so it doesn't feel so dramatic. LoL That was this weeks nagging and now we can move on to the important stuff; the card for today!

I made this card about one and a half month ago for my youngerst son Philip on his 5th birthday. Soccer has become an obsession with both my boys, and Philip has also got lost in the ice hockey world. Were will this end? Anyway, as sports is the main thing in both their lifes sport related images is always welcome around here, and when Veronica over at the Paper Shelter sent me this totally wonderful image, my life was saved. He even comes in two typs of shirts, one striped (just like the one FC Barcelona used to wear) and one plain. You know the Paper Shelter is found in Argentina, and one of the worlds greatest players comes from that country, yepp! Messi it is and tell me a soccer fan that doesn't love him? LoL


However my little player is coloured like the Swedish team captain Zlatan. Also a big favourite around here. The designer papers are from Landstoken if I remember right. As it is for a young boy I have also kept the card fairly simple. I turned the dp around and found a few bigger soccer balls on that side, so some die cutting (the star die used for the border is from Magnolia and perfect for all boys cards) and I got myself a lovely soccer border paired up with some black, white and green card stock. Card candy representing balls in the corner, and a few alpha stickers that says "Happy Birthday" below the image and 5 for his years in the right bottom corner.

The gift voucher

And as it is Wednesday it's time for a new challenge over at the Paper Shelter and this time we doing the easiest one. Not really a challenge, more of a linking party. LoL Anything goes for this week my friends. And as we normally get flooded with this challenge theme we will only be leaving one comment each for each entry from the theme. Normally you would get two, but all our "anything goes" challenges the team only has one number each to comment on. With that said, I do hope you come and play with us. We have our normal gift voucher up for grabs worth $30 if you play with our brand, the Paper Shelter products. Playing with another brand gives you the chance of winning three (3) digis of your choice. Not bad is it?

Love n hugs
Marie

Challenges for this card
Allsorts  Challenges - Sports
Crafts and Me challenges - Use a digi
Simply Create too Challenges - Anything goes
Creative Moments - Circles (Hope all my soccer balls are counting as circles)
I love Promarkers - Simple does it (hope it's simple enough)

9 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Hi Marie oh wow what a stunning boys card, love the whole design the papers are brilliant and the image is just so beautifully coloured to. hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

Wendy L said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining in my challenge at Allsorts this week. xxx

Wendy Fraser said...

Fab male card, love the football backing papers. My husband is a big Messi fan too! Thanks for joining us at I love Promarkers xx

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card for a boy Marie, love the image and how you've coloured him. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts for our sporty challenge x

Lisa Grace said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too!
Lisa Grace (DT) xx

Desire Fourie said...

This is precious and I love the soccer theme.
I did not realise you were not well. May a wonderful place of work be out there for you.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

WeirdCat said...

Great male card, lovely colours, thank you for joining us at I♥ProMarkers this week
Ruth x

Bridie said...

Fab card, I love that backing paper

Thanks for your lovely comment

Hugs

Bridie

Anonymous said...

fabulous card and loving all the circles lol great image and colours. Thank you for joining us at Creative moments this fortnight. Abbie (Co Owner) xx