Tuesday 13 August 2013

Lets make it sketchy

Morning everyone! Hope you are feeling way better than I am at them moment. Not that I am complaining as I feel that my neck pain has finally started to give it. I just need a few more days and then hopefully the worst part will be over. It has been so bad that I have not even made a card with colouring in it for a month an a half or so. Luckly I worked ahead all this started. I think I will have to redecorate and reorganize my craft room so I get the optimal way to move around here. Might cause some of the neck pain... have to think about it, but it always seems to get worse when I sit down trying to write.

This week over at Passion for Promarkers we have the most lovely sketch of you to work with. It's our one 
and only Lou have made it. Lovely clean look of it. 
Lous sketch challenge 211

Saturated Canary
You can flip it or rotated it, as long as we see the main sketch in it. Ok, how is that for a fun challenge?
Sponsoring us this week is Saturated Canary. The prize is two digis. How great isn't that?

My card then, well I actually have two. I didn't like the photo of the first one so I made another one to go with it. (I have already given that away so I couldn't retake the photos either.  Well, I wasn't sure I like any of them to be honest, but here they are anyway.


This first one has an image that has become a big favourite of mine the last few months and I get requests for making boys cards with this image all the time. It's the steam punk dog from Kenny K. This time it ended up being for my partners 18 year old nephew. For this card I have stuck very clear to the sketch as it worked so well with the big image I had coloured in a combo of my tria and promarkers. Here I have used a paper pad from Bo Bunny I believe. 

The second one should have been a totally different card. I am not kidding. I have an image that in my mind is coloured really brilliant, at least to be me. The only thing is that I didn't look at any designer papers when I did this so, at the moment I am stuck with a fabby image that goes with well nothing. LoL Of cours, I have coloured it in pink and olive green and it's for Christmas... Well, the card that I ended up with is also made for Christmas the first one from me for this season. Only 49 or so to go. Whoopie! 


The image is from LOTV and is one of their new sweet images. As I have a fond love for snowmen this little family was a must have for me. Of course they are also coloured with my Letraset family all in purple and turquoise. The designer papers are from Panduro Hobby. Also this one is kept simple, I might even be able to send it with a single stamp, who knows? LoL Some pearls and punches from Martha Stewart is the decorations I used for this card. (Pearls from Bunny Zoe). 

Well folks, that's all for today. Now it's time for a good nap and some strong meds so I get rid of the pain. Then, in the nick of time trying to make up a card for this weeks challenge over at The Paper Shelter. Luckly for me I have some of those images already coloued up as well. I just feel rusty when it comes to putting my cards together. This is the final week of vacation around here. The boys has been of from daycare and school for about 9 weeks and nothing much gets done by then. But soon, soon it will be normal again and my olderst will start his first real school year. And the sweet little kid has wished for a desk, some pens, a chair and a globe to have in his room. I think I have his birthday covered in November.

See you all tomorrow again,
Love n hugs
Marie

Challenges for  card 1



Challenges for card 2

7 comments:

Loopylou. said...

oooh I adore them both Marie!! you did an awesome job with my sketcharoo!!!
huge hugs Lou xxx

Pysselfröken said...

Vilka fina kort du har gjort! Jättebra tolkning av skissen. Så häftig den sura hunden är.
Ha en fin dag!
Kram Frida ( din kollega på PFP)

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Fabulous cards with such amazing images! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

Karen Petitt said...

Oh Marie, that's awful! I figured it hadn't got any better but didn't want to email you as you would have replied. Make sure you rest as much as you can and I'm really hoping that pain will ease soon sweetie! It's just not fair. Sending huge gentle hugs, rest well my lovely friend Karen x

Anet's Crafting said...

Both your cards are beautiful, Marie. It is such a cute dog with beautiful background paper. The colour of the Christmas card is gorgeous.

coops said...

both so stunning marie.your designs are fabulous and i love the gorgeous images :D

xx coops xx

Nannieflash said...

Stunning cards Marie, I absolutely love the Xmas one, those snowmen look so happy and cheerful. I hope you soon feel better love. hugs Shirleyxxxx