Tuesday 20 May 2014

Passion for Promarkers 5 years old (read young)

Hi there! It's a big day today. The Passion for Promarkers blog is celebrating it's 5 birthday. Congratulations! From my first day of making cards this challenge blog has been my "home", the reson to why I started to use the Letraset products and to continue making card. I always fall back on my Letraset markers even if I have a good set of copics (too soft to colour with for me), I have the aquarel pens, the aquamarkers, distress inks etc. A never ending story of colouring mediums and still it always turns for the best with the LM's. Even if I wish they would have kept their really really wonderful and thick markers paper because nothing measure up to that quality even if it was expensive.

The theme set for this great and easy challenge is "Use your die cuts" and so I have, both on my card and to make my watering can. Now, the watering can is made after a tutorial found here. It is in Swedish but I am sure you can find some translation for it. Thank you to the designers and owner of Kristinas Scrapbooking for putting this great project up on your blog.

As you probably know by now when PFP has a celebration going on, we do it in style and have tons of sponsors to make a great prize draw for all of you. And one of our sponsors is Michele R and her lovely wonderful designer papers which I have used on both my projects. I have printed them on Bazil white cardstock, with my laser printer on both sides to get a dressed up feeling on both in and outside of the watering can. You find Micheles designer papers here. And while I am at it, the image is from the Paper Shelter and is found here.


Here they are both of my projects. Together! :) Me and by brothers with families gave mum some big citrus trees for her 65th birthday last week and to remind her of watering them... tadaa a watering can!


Them image is from the Paper Shelter and of course coloured with my Letraset family. I don't do lilac that often. It's not my favourit colour but for some reason this project was totally right in this colour scheme. And Micheles lovely papers are almost a match to some of mum's curtains that she uses for summer. The die cuts used here is the butterflies from Joy Craft, the Doo Hickey border from Magnolia and the lovely stitched circle from MFT found a Dies to Die for. A real treat besides that it's great service from that store as well. :)


This is a little side shot. The colours are not that much vintage photo as it looks. It was really bad light when I took this picture. I have used pearl string from Rox stamps and I thing the lace is from there as well and I did colour it with distress inks. Die cuts I have used to make this charming little can is circles in various sizes. To make the wholes for the water coming out I used so pearls and I raized the top part of the pouring spout. You see it better on the photo below.


Here you also see that I have printed on both side of the cardstock and I actually reinforzed the can with an extra layer of cardstock to make the whole thing a bit more stable. The flowers are from WOC.


A final shot of the can with it's matching tag. I have just cropped one of the roses from the main image from the Paper Shelter and used a single flower from the image as I didn't want it to get too big. Still feel that the tag is a bit big, but it is a die cut and that's what our theme is. :)

Ok, if this all was not enough this is our sponsors of the week. Lots of goodies to be won, provided that you use Letraset markers of any kind on your creation. And for this challenge only, you have the limit of three (3) entries per crafter. Anyway, I and the rest of both the teams that is taking part can't wait to see what you will come up with for this challenge. 

This is the fabby sponsors of this great celebration challenge!

---------------------------------------------------------
Letraset Logo
Letraset are offering one lucky winner a pack of 12 Promarkers - Set 1
Pro12-Set1-Pr1
------------------------------------------------------------
Michele R Designs are offering one lucky winner a prize of $10.00 worth of digi papers
1486640_1454517088103324_189700873_n
----------------------------------------------------------
DigiStamp Boutique are offering one lucky winner a £10.00 voucher
DigiStamp Boutique logo
----------------------------------------------------------
PD_LOGO_MASTER
Polkadoodles are offering one lucky winner 2 digis from their Work & Play range:
                                 receptionist:                                    office:
                    *Work & Play digistamp - Receptionist           *Work & Play digistamp - Office
----------------------------------------------------------
Little Claire
Little Claire designs are offering one lucky winner a beautiful Silhouette Elephants clear stamp
Silhouette Elephants clear stamp
-----------------------------------------------------------
Angel Crafts are offering one lucky winner – prize to be confirmed
angel crafts logo
---------------------------------------------------------

Love n hugs
Marie

Challenges for this card / watering can
Craft my life - No cards challenge so I enter my watering can here
Artistic inspriation - Anything goes /dies/ punches
Craft your passion - Lace and pearls (both of them found on my watering can)
Fitztown - Feminine
Challenges for everbody - Anything goes
All sorts challenges - Purple Passion
Crafting at the weekend -Anything goes
The krafty hands challenges- Anything goes
Totally gorjuss - Lace

11 comments:

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

Jay said...

Wow stunning work, absolutely amazing!!! How creative you are! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Totally Gorjuss this week and good luck in the draw. Cuddles Jay x DT

StampNScrapJunkie said...

That is a gorgeous project! I love all the details. Thanks for joining us at Fitztown Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again and good luck! I hope you noticed we’re having a DT call as well! Be sure to let all your friends know! You can read all the details here.
Ema
FCB DT Coordinator

Nannieflash said...

Oh my Marie, that must have taken some time to create that watering can is just so beautiful as is the card, they are just stunning. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Crafty Judith said...

Wow what a super gorgeous project hun - thank you so much for sharing with us at Crafting for the Weekend and very good luck - have a super evening hugs Judith DT x

Mummylade said...

this is a wonderful creation! Thank you for playing along with us at Allsorts this week!

coops said...

oh wow just love your wonderful gift set marie.stunning card and your watering can is amazing.your floral papers and colours are really beautiful too :D

xx coops xx

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely projects with us at Craft Your Passion. hugs, Helena

Janice said...

A gorgeous set - a well deserved spot in the Top 5 at Allsorts - well done you! Jx

Anonymous said...

Amazing card and project.Both so beautifully detailed.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x

Sylvia said...

Wow, your Mum must have been delighted.Thank you for sharing them in the Kraftyhands Challenge.
Sylvia x